• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Spicer Driveshaft source

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
Looking for the best route for a basic rear driveshaft replacement (77).

JBG has them for $230 + ship
Napa shows $280
Autozone $310

Any pro's / cons????? I already bought one used one, and the centering pin is badly worn. My other one has worn splines.... I'd rather not roll the dice on another used one.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Just be aware that most advertise Spicer style. Means it fits the Spicer style yokes, not the older Borg-Warner yokes. Most cases your not getting a drive shaft made with genuine Spicer parts. Proudly Made In The USA! Could be made with inferior parts. I had my rear shaft made by a local drive line shop with all Spicer parts, just 1310 CV and rear yoke with 4" of slip. $380.00. Just make sure you know what your paying for. Good luck.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am a big fan of getting a front shaft out of a 90's jeep cherokee at the junk yard for 25 bucks and getting it shortened. I have not found on yet with any wear due to it being a front shaft from a grocery getter. They are spicer cv shafts with 1310 joints like the bronco.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey RJ just curious about the jeep driveshaft. If you have a lift do you still have to shorten it, and is it a bolt in. Didn't mean to hyjack.

croft75

May want to look at a heavy truck driveline supplier/rebuilder , there is one local to me and they carry and can get spicer parts easy , they rebuilt my driveshaft with spicer joints etc. cheaper than I could get the parts at NAPA

techlaf

Contributor
Everyone local to me was close to $400 so I went with the one from JBG. It shipped from another driveline company in WI or IL, can't remember so I don't know if it's US made or not. Seems to be high quality and have had no issues.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I was very happy with the rear shaft made for my 77 from Carolina Driveline for $200 + shipping. I asked for DOM and I think I asked for the high angle version. I think they make them for Duff.
I just told them the measurment from the face of the T case yoke to the face of the diff yoke and had it in a few days.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
I just picked up my new front from Driveline Services. $330 out the door with 2 extra u-joints. All new, balanced, powder coated, custom length, HD.