• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

length of, and stock ratio of 67 rear diff question

Jeremy0201

Loc.
Tucson
Hello recently had my 67 rear diff housing snap in half, well its home now.. Looking for replacement, a salvage yard says he has stuff but needs to know length end to end and spring to spring.. mine isstill connected but in two pieces so nothing is sitting right. Also what would be the ratios of a 289 engine with 33's. I have no idea how to find this info and PO has not idea and says he didn't change any thing? Thanks

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Anything the salvage yard has will need to be cut and the the spring purches moved unless you get lucky and they have a bronco housing there in teh pile of 9's. I think most of the venders will sell you a small bearing housing (housing only) for $125 or so plus shipping. Another option is the unit Currie sells (venders have it too). It's sweet but you pay for the goos stuff. It's $425-$450 plus shipping.

My housing isn't broken but the ends are junk so I'm in the middle of replacing them. If it goes bad, I'll prob buy the unit from Currie.

Where are you located? I checked out a complete small bearing housing from a 73yesterday in Little Rock. Breaks looked good (needed pads nothing leaking) and it has 4.11's. Listed in the 4 sale on this site.

Tim

OP
OP
Jeremy0201

Jeremy0201

Loc.
Tucson
I'm in Tucson, AZ I was quoted 650 for complete end to end from bronco.. Thats just out of my budget unfortunately..

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Got quote from Tom's back in November of 2011. Shipping was to AR. ona bear housing.

"Big bearing housings run $295... we would need to know also if it has 10” or 11” drums on it. Shipping would be $79. Thank you!"

Bronco Graveyard has small bearing housing for $125

Tim

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
There should be a VIn tag on the drivers side kick panel it will have codes that will tell you the ratio it came with. Also you can look at the rear center section there may be a small metal tag on one of the bolts it will tell you the ratio.
3.50 was stock 4.11 was optional.

the stock axle width is 58" WMS-WMS not sure on spring perch measurements but thats simple to get.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I think they were all 53" flange to flange. 36" perch to perch. The key differences being bolt pattern at the flange and bearing size. That means you can only use 11" brakes on axles with that 3.5" x 2.375" bolt pattern and 10" brakes on the smaller pattern. The axle length is also dependant on the brake width. For example, you can't use a '77 housing and brakes with earlier 11" brake axles. However you can if you use the earlier 11" brakes with it.

Attachments

• Axle%20Chart.jpg
    Axle%20Chart.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 3