• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Couple lift questions/opinions

panteramatt

Im going to be taking the tub off of my wifes 77 soon to sandblast and coat the frame. The suspension is pretty tired so that will be th eperfect time to replace it. I want a 2.5" kit. Itll be a 95% street truck and I want a smooth ride.

1. What kit do yall recommend? Ive searched this site and most recomend wildhorses.

2. Im going to be installing a 4r70w. Should I put on a 1" bodylift while I have th etub off? Is it necessary for clearance?

3. I dont want the bronco to squat while loaded. If anything, I want the rear to sit a little higher. Should I get 3.5" leafs with 2.5" springs? Anyone have pics of this setup?

4. With these kits, should I get them without shocks and buy another brand thats better?

5. Do I need a track bar drop or pitman arm drop with a 2.5?

Crimson66

Loc.
Olive Branch, Ms.
lift

Im at the lift stage now on my restoration. I bought alot of my stuff individually, I wish I would have purchased complete package. WH is pretty popular.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I have WH springs front and rear in my rig and they're nice on and off road. Seeing that you're on the opposite coast though, shipping will not be fun. Worth a call though, WH is a great company to deal with.

samuel5090

Loc.
Arroyo Grande
James Duff is back there and they make some great stuff. I have Duff stuff on my 77 and like it-shocks,stabilizer, bushings, radius arm.

You might need the dropped Pitman arm-try it without it though.

OP
OP
P

panteramatt

Wild Horses kit will be $912.49 shipped. I really want that kit but seems a little high.
Jeffs is $782.66 shipped.
TBP is $684 without shipping.

Duffs dont make a 2.5" kit.