• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech harness routing?

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did you rout your new centech harness along the bottom of the dash edge like the stock bronco harness or back at the firewall ? Some pics would be great please post up! Thanks Keith

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pretty much goes into about 90% of the stock locations.
You might have one or two branches that don't quite fit in the exact spot under the dash or in the engine compartment, but you can certainly still use the stock routing as your map and starting point.

If I remember, only the two outer firewall holes get used. The ones behind the engine valve cover would normally get covered up.
If it's a '71 and later that is. If it's a '70 or earlier, you only have one factory hole in the fender well area. So you'll have to drill a new one and enlarge the other one.
The two rectangular holes behind the driver's side valve cover get covered up.

Flasher and turn-signal relays usually just get laid out wherever they fit. Not on long enough branches to get anywhere convenient it seems.

One thing to think about now too, before you have it installed, is whether or not you're going to be using an upgraded alternator. If so, and it's rated at over 70 amps, I would pull the large Yellow "Bat +" wire out of the passenger side loom, route it to a more convenient spot and attach it to a new distribution block in a convenient and out of the way spot on the fender.
If you do that, you can use it as a convenient power point for heavy accessories. Otherwise, you just have to figure out a way to deal with it wherever it is near the battery. And that's a busy spot on most Broncos.
If you're using a smaller alternator, then just go ahead and use the Yellow wire as the output wire for the alternator. As the instructions will tell you to do.

Good luck. Sorry no pics, but someone might be able to help there.
Oh, and it helps that the weather is good, as a nice warm harness is a nice pliable harness. So leave it out of the box somewhere that's warm, but not in the direct sunlight, before you start the installation.

Paul

75brnco

Also if you have an older harness you should read the article on using the stock wiper switch under bronco tech, i pulled a delay wiper switch off a 90's f150 at pick and pull cost me 12.99 works great