• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need door-to-hardtop measurement

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Can someone with a hardtop measure the distance from the top of the door frame to the highest point of the hardtop?

TIA,
Todd Z.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Inside dimension is about 4-5/8" from the top of the door frame to the peak of the inside roof skin. If you go to the bow, it's 1/2" less. These dimensions are inferred from the floor, 45.75-41.125 = 4.625, so probably +/- 1/8" easy.

Tobin

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Tobin! Your measurements are certainly close enough for what I need.

Todd Z.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now you've piqued my curiousity...you installing a disco ball?

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Now you've piqued my curiousity...you installing a disco ball?

Close! :) Actually I'm helping some friends with a racing Bronco project and they were asking for some dimensions as they didn't have any baseline information to go from with the modified body on the rig they're building.

Todd Z.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Saweet! If they add a disco ball, I'm takin' credit. Is there a build thread on this alleged racing Bronco project or is all heresay at this point?

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Saweet! If they add a disco ball, I'm takin' credit. Is there a build thread on this alleged racing Bronco project or is all heresay at this point?

It's very much a going concern, but no threads here on classic on it.

It's had some pix shown in this thread on gofastbroncos:

http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10&start=100

Unfortunately you may need to be a member to view the pics. It's a '91 frame and drivetrain with a stretched/widened EB body on it. It's going to Bill Savage this week to get approved for SCORE. The rear suspension has some versatility and can run leafs or coilovers depending on the series/class rules.

Todd Z.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool rig, thanks for sharing. I could see the pictures without being a member, so no worries there. I love some of the ingenuity that goes into making TTB front suspensions work on the cheap...the killer desert fab doesn't hurt either.