• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Winters/Art Carr Instructions

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Does anyone have more detailed instruction for the Winters/Art Carr shifter (C4 Tranny). I have to believe that they are more instruction other than the ones provided by Wild Horses. They do not address adjustment at all. I found some old links on here to Art Carr but they are no longer good.

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Wintersperformance.com. Although they don't really get into adjusting it much either. Basically, the barrel adjustment on the end that attaches to your shift lever is where you make "fine tuning" adjustments and the 3 positions for the cable in the shifter itself is where you can also adjust it.... That actually might be more right there than Winters gives you in their manual. Might be best to call them to troubleshoot. That's my plan at least.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I installed mine as per the WH's instructions with the J-shift TC. I did modify the cable bracket a bit on my own, similar to what they did. As for adjusting, I just put the trans in park and the shifter in park, mounted the cable and adjusted the cable end of the trans until it reached the ball on the trans lever. The cable pulls on the trans lever as you shift into reverse, N, and so on. The indexing is set with the gates on the shifter. There really isn't any adjusting necessary.

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Thanks for the input guys. Haven't made a purchase yet but was debating on which floor shifter to go with. Think if I'm gonna do it then it will be the Winters.