• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Meats After 2 Weeks of Upgrades

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
I treated the old girl to a new set of shoes after all the work I've done recently. Finally ditched the mechanical fuel pump and went with a Carter 4070. Replaced all the fuel lines with steel while there, and added a pressure regulator. Built an underhood 'power center' to relocate a bunch of relays, wiring and fuses. And cut off the crappy old exhaust and went with the Magnaflow "2-into-1" exhaust on the opposite side of the truck from the fuel lines. If I have vapor lock in Utah this year, I'll lick a Jeep logo.

So got the new 35" Goodyear MTRs put on this afternoon. Hope they work as good as the Pro Comp X-terrains I've had on it for the last nine years :p

Attachments

• BroncoMeats.jpg
    BroncoMeats.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 166

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
You should like them. I like mine better than the BFG Muds (old style) they replaced.

OP
OP
rsharpnm

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
It feels good to spend some time (and $$$) on the old girl. After driving around on the new tires, i found them somewhat quieter than the ProComp X-Terrains I had before. Also, since I never have my tires aired up above 25 psi, it rode like a sheet of plywood yesterday!

Other than the fuel pump block-off plate leaking oil, all the mods went well. I'll re-gasket that this weekend and try them new meats out on the rocks (after airing those babies down to a more acceptable pressure, like 15psi...)