• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiper/washer switch?

aerohead.jr

I have a 1969 bronco that has electric wipers. On the wiper bezel it just reads wipers. I know some of the wiper switch bezels read wiper/ washer. When I bought the bronco it did not have a washer solvent bottle or motor but it does have the sprayers in the hood and the plumbing. So will the wiper switch that I have work as the combo wiper / washer switch? If not can I buy a wiper/washer combo switch and it work with my stock wiring harness?

Thanks jr

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Turn the wiper switch knob left and right to turn the wipers on and off.

Put your thumb on the switch knob and push it in toward the dash to turn on the sprayers.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Bigger question is do you have the wiring to run a washer motor? If so then yes your current switch will work. Now if you want to upgrade get one of the intermitant wiper setups they pretty much plug in and you get intermitant wipers. People usually sell them in the classified and if not contact me I have several setups and would sell one at a reasonable price.

OP
OP
A

aerohead.jr

Yeah I know how it works but I dont have a solvent bottle or motor to see if it is working. My question is is that switch an option that I can add to my bronco and it work with the stock wiring.

OP
OP
A

aerohead.jr

Yes the wiring is there for the washer bottle. I ask the original question because i got a 69 owners manual today and it said the wiper/washer switch was an option.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Get a test light. Stick it in the connector for the washer motor. Press the switch in. If the test light lights up, you have power to the connector and can run a washer motor.