• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headlight Problems

lil mule

Loc.
ALBUQUERQUE
I have been noticing my headlights on high beam going off once & a while
so just installed a new dimmer switch. low beams ok no high. got voltage at
side terminals (closest to radiator ) so can both bolbs high beam burn out at same time? what is also weird when lo beams are on i have no front marker lights when i push the light switch in to park light i have park lights when pulled all the way out no park lights on low or hi? any suggestions

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Some questions that will help the real gurus around here:

What year is your Bronco?
Is it a stock wiring harness?
Do you have headlight relays?

The switch overheating and going out is a common issue for headlights not on relays. The parking lights going off with headlights I believe is normal for the early years, 66-68 perhaps?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Park light is normal operation for early harness.

Both bulbs can blow at nearly the same time. If you see 12V at the bulb and they aren't working, well, it probably means the bulbs are bad.

OP
OP
L

lil mule

Loc.
ALBUQUERQUE
sorry 1968 stock harness no headlight relays.... what do you mean "park light is normal operation for early harness"?