• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 44 rebuild what all is needed?

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I started the teardown of my Dana 44 today and things have gone well so far. I’ve got everything taken apart but for the knuckles. I did have one spendle bolt that broke off in the drum knuckle but I’m upgrading to Disc so not worried about that.

I have yet to order any parts for the rebuild as I wasn’t for sure what all I would need. As luck would have it, looks like everything is JUNK and needs to be replaced.

I found what looks to be a complete kit but I’m not suer as this is my first Dana rebuild. Hoping you guys can help me out as to what else may be needed.

Kit description:
All needed parts to rebuild the internals of a Dana 44 including all bearings and seals, u-joints and wheel bearings and seals. Excluding ball joints. Dana 44 Front Rebuild Kit Includes:

PINION BEARING GROUP:
-Timken Head Taper Bearing Set
-Timken Tail Taper Bearing Set

CARRIER BEARING GROUP:
-Timken Right Hand Taper Bearing Set
-Timken Left Hand Taper Bearing Set

SEALANT GROUP:
-Pinion Seal
-Gasket

PINION SMALL PARTS GROUP:
-Dana Spicer Pinion Depth Shim Set
-Dana Spicer Pinion Pre-Load Shim Set
-Dana Spicer Pinion Nut & Washer Set

CARRIER SMALL PARTS GROUP:
-Dana Spicer Carrier Shim Set
-Amenities Package
-Hub seals
-Timken Inner wheel bearings and races
-Timken Outer wheel bearings and races
-OEM u-joints
-Inner axle seals
-Dana Spicer OEM spindle bearing repair kits

Other than the 4.09 ring and pinion for the front (to match the 4.11’s I just put in the rear) what eles if anything do I need? Would like to get everything in one order and have it ready.

Tim

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
As a Wild Horses fan call them. They have everything you need. Don't laugh I just bought everything that you need last week.
And ask for Nik and tell him Damon sent you.