• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another door fitment question

2b1ask1

Loc.
oklahoma
Replaced inner rocker, outer rockers, and floor pans. everything measures out fine, but my drivers door drags on the rocker evenly across, and i cant get enough adjustment in the hinge plate to make it up.. I have good body bushings but i havent tightened the 2 down prom replacing the the floors... Help...

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
you may need to shim the body mount to make up some of the difference. I know when Ive changed them Ive had to shim them to get the doors to shut correctly.

73BBURG

Can you post a photo of the body mount shims you did to help with this problem?

Thanks

KBUCK1

Is the door dragging the rocker directly under the bottom hinge? If so how does the top of the door look in relation to the fender and rear quarter? If all this looks good then you will probably need to roll the top outer edge of the rocker down . Ive done this with good results

OP
OP
2b1ask1

2b1ask1

Loc.
oklahoma
The front fender lines up really well with the door post, so i am going to try a new set of hinges and see how that does.. I will post some pics when I get them installed...

67 ox

Loc.
Banks
Mine looked good in the front, but dragged in the back. I added shims to the mount under the floor pan and i think one on on the body mount behind latch. i used large fender washers.

OP
OP
2b1ask1

2b1ask1

Loc.
oklahoma
I just picked up a new body mount kit, so im going to attemp to install them this weekend...Hopefully with that as well as new hinges, I can get it to hang straight...