• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Lift Suggestions

66WarPony

Hey guys so here's the sitch: I'm gonna do a body lift before dropping in the NP435 and clocking my D20. I'm getting some body lift blocks made out of 2 1/2" round aluminum bar stock... so I guess my question is how high can I go SAFELY? I only see body lift kits at 3" or less... is there any advantage to going higher (3 1/2" or 4")? My end goal is to drop in a big block I6 in place of my small block and a 4"-5 1/2" suspension lift in the future. Comments, suggestions? Thanks in advance...

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I could be wrong, but I think a huge amount of body lift along with that much suspension lift would adversely affect the center of gravity and make it kind of tippy.

One thing that could help would be as you go higher also go wider, via possibly a full width swap. Like I mentioned tho, I could be wrong.

JD

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Body mounts are designed to be bolted to the frame with a rubber bushing. The taller the body lift the more leverage there is on the body where the mount/spacer goes in.

To make it easier to understand think stupid extreme, lets say you built a 2 foot body lift. Go for a drive. Hit the brakes hard. Frame will want to stop, body will want to move forward. Wrenching all the mounts in the process. Yes, that is an extreme example, but gives reason why they don't make tall body lifts.

OP
OP
66WarPony

66WarPony

Anyone see the harm in going 3.5" if my suspension lift was the same or less? I'm also running a bikini top and will also move over to a family role cage and a fiberglass hood. Thanks for the guidance fellas.

Doyle

Bronco Guru
Not sure about your state, but some have laws limiting body lifts.