• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiper motor test

gd71eb

is there a way to test the wiper motor on the bench? wondering if the battery was there could one run a wire off the pos terminal to one of the four areas on the plug and groung the motor to the battery? if so, what wire would get the hot?
having a issue getting the switch to work on a rewire and wanna test the motor. only thing i know for sure is the washer pump wire has power when it is supposed too
thanks

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
ground motor
12V on white-orange wire = low speed
12V on blue wire = high speed

You cannot easily test the park function without the correct switch.

Attachments

• wipers.jpg
    wipers.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
gd71eb

gd71eb

hey viper can you take this photo and diagram it like you did to the above photo in your post. you can jst use the terminal numbers and write what they do. some of us (mainly me) have a hard time reading schematics.

wipers02.gif

i am wired as follows and doesnt seem to work except for the washer pump power when the switch is pushed in. the plug at the wiper motor is still as it was from factory. 4 pin plug(looking at it clockwise) black, red, blue, white
763- 12v power in
941- to washer pump
950- 12v power in
56- to blue wire at motor
615- to black wire at motor
58- to white at motor
63- to red at motor

again your help is always appretiated

i think the motors no bueno

Last edited:
OP
OP
gd71eb

gd71eb

bought a damn cont tester. got no tone from 763 to 63 in off position. every other number sequence beeped. off to oder a new switch i guess cause i hotwired the motor and it worked this time weird