• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally, I'm caged! (udate with pics)

rebelbronc

Loc.
Raleigh, NC (school) Marion, NC(home)
finished getting my family cage put together and in this weekend. got it from JBG. very pleased with how it ended up...a few aggrevations here and there, but overall it wasnt too bad. now i just gotta get some foam to put over it so i don't crack my gourd open ;D ;D

***update***
ok so it took 9 months for me to actually get around to taking pics of my cage. whoops!;D but the weather has been OUTSTANDING the past week, so i took my top off yesterday so all the pollen have a place to sleep last night. :p ::) here ya go!

00113669.jpg

00113670.jpg

00113673.jpg

00113671.jpg

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
Re:Finally, I'm caged!

When you get some pics please post them. I am going to install a cage later this summer and like to see how yours turned out.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Re:Finally, I'm caged!

That looks very nice. BTW thats a super clean interior you got there. Got any pics of the truck? hehe

OP
OP
R

rebelbronc

Loc.
Raleigh, NC (school) Marion, NC(home)

IronBenderII

Looks good, but I think your main hoop needs some support. With it angled back that far, it is very likely that in a roll it will fold over without support. I'd run a cross piece from the top of the center hoop to the lower part of the rear hoop. Short of that, looks good.

Bronco_Rider

Loc.
Brentwood, Ca
[quote author=thegreatjustino link=board=5;threadid=7547;start=0#msg121615 date=1049487564]
To each their own, but the rear half looks ugly as sin.
[/quote]

You sloped the main hoop back and I like that. Keeps the head from banging the bar when the going is rough. I did the same thing when I did mine.

We do have several negative people on the forum that will come down on you just because they can? Always makes you wonder what project they have acomplished and would they have the nerves to share. Keeps things in perspective for me.

Bronco_Rider

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I am glad to see someone put a cage in their bronco . Something is better than nothing and it looks pretty good in there . Nice Bronc by the way ! My only concern is that there are no triangles configured into your family cage as IronbenderII has pointed out .

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Nice Cage.

It does not look like anything from JBG ... it looks exactly like the KENTROL Family Cage ... same as what is on the BFG (Green) Bronco. Please provide details.

My plan is the BFG Bronco look ... and plan to install the KENTROL Sport Cage ... same as the Family Cage, but the rear top horizontal bars are shorter.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Why did you bend the bottom of the front hoop like that. If you roll wouldn't the fact that the hoop doesn't create a more vertical angle down cause it to bend and crush under pressure? Not saying you're wrong. Just want to make sure you're safe... ;D

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
[quote author=JaxLax link=board=5;threadid=7547;start=15#msg122222 date=1049684695]
Why did you bend the bottom of the front hoop like that. If you roll wouldn't the fact that the hoop doesn't create a more vertical angle down cause it to bend and crush under pressure? Not saying you're wrong. Just want to make sure you're safe... ;D
[/quote]

Access. Many cages have this bend ... otherwise it is difficult to enter / exit.