• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

some info please

G

Can anyone tell me what years broncos are best for family camping thru-out US and Mexico? And what/how much can they tow (we are thinking of getting an Airstream or Scamp trailer).<br>I have had a 72 and 73 Bronco when younger, but sold them 8 years ago, my expeirence with them was good as far as realiability and easy to work on, so I am thinking one would be good for travel. Please send an email if you can.<br>Thank You in advanvce.<br>jb

highgeer

Loc.
Denver, CO
I'm still new to the EB's, mine is driven only on weekends and special occasions, so I really can't answer your question.<br><br>However, if you want folks to send you e-mails with their advice, you may want to register as a member and include your e-mail address in your profile, or post your e-mail address in the thread. ;)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
You need a 66-77 Ford Bronco with a V-8 for your application and deluxe appreciation. Get the air stream to go with it. Both have incredible resale value too.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
And another thing, I would go with power stearing and power disc brakes too. A little less challenging while pulling that Air Stream than otherwise.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would shoot for a '76 or '77. They do have all the goodies. Go with a V8 they came with 302 v8 '76-'77 and some people put 351W's in them for even better pulling power. Most 76-77 had P/S and all 76-77 had disc brakes( most had power brakes too), I' d go automatic with the tranny cooler also. You may be able to find an earlier year (66-75) that someone has already added the goodies to.<br><br>Good luck on your search,<br><br>Blue71<br>

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
Get one of those rare, rare, rare, rare 66 bronco sports roadster with the rare trailer package.

joes75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pittsburgh
351 to increase towing.. and good disk brakes to slow you down... and a big radiator to keep you cool...<br><br>shoot for a 76 or 77.... they came stock with power steering and power disk brakes...

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
[quote author=MXPAZ link=board=5;threadid=7881;start=0#56317 date=1029290270]<br>Get one of those rare, rare, rare, rare 66 bronco sports roadster with the rare trailer package.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>That's some funny *Shoot*

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I agree, 76 or 77, would be the ticket. I'd stay away from those rare 66 animals, parts would be a "major" problem lol....<br><br>snake

OP
OP
G

depending on the weight of the trailer you could have handeling problems.