• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New custom dash pics..

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
O.K. here they are....Let me know what you think, does it look stupid, or cool...And be honest...I still have to make a consol to hide the rest of the wires, and install my twin sticks which looks like they may need to be bent so they don't hit the dash...
.gifbroncodash-1.gif

.gifbroncodash-2.gif

.gifbroncodash-3.gif

The first pic didn't show up, but you can see it at my website....Just click at the bottom, and goto page 5

Amac70

ME
Its definatly different. I like it. I thiink it looks good. need some close up though. Good work.

JMurray

Sorry, but i can`t see it, even up close.<br>Could you get a better pic, what I do see looks neat though.<br>Jerry

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
I know its hard to see, I opalogize for that...I made the shell out of plywood, then wraped it with padding, and vinyl, and then I used pexiglass for the dash area...I sanded the back of the pixiglass, and painted it black, so the front of the dash can't scratch the paint off..I taped off the area for the gauge cluster, and warning lights so I could see through that part of the dash...When the key is turned off, you can't see anything, but when you turn it on, everything lights up...I'm going to make a consol to match...

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Very creative, cool, well done and good looking.

66horse

Bronco Guru
Looks good.<br>And I am glad to see your back on track.<br>Your right it is going to beone of a kind.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
The digital gauge cluster, warning lights, and headlight switch is out of a 89 Town car. I added Auto Meter phantom water, temp, and oil guages and a Summit Racing Tach, along with a sony hidaway CD player...I didn't think I was going to be able to get everything to fit. I had to off set the gauge cluster over to the right so I could hook up my speedo cable.

MI-Bronco

Very cool, a Bronco gone digital. I like the idea of it being black until you switch on the power! Nice job!!

Benzo

Loc.
SF Bay Area
The only thing that I am wondering about is.... Have you factored in room for a roll cage? It seems to me that it's going to be a tight space with the dash sticking out farther. I think it looks good and I like it. I am old school and prefer the older dash layout on my '70. I think you will have another article in the mag with this one.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
I'm glad you mentioned the roll cage...I made the dash 2" short on both sides so I have room to put the roll cage up against the windshield frame...The dash will fit in between the roll cage...I also sent in negitives, and another artical to Bronco Driver, but I don't know if I'll meet the deadline...The dead line is 8/10/02 (today) and I sent them out next day, service (today)...They will have them on Mon. by noon, but I don't know if they'll give me a break, or tell me its too late...

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I ummm , well , I'm not sure just yet if I like it or not ...I do think that you are a genius and deserve kudos for the ingenuity . It looks huge to me , and I can't really make out all the details . I'll bet the console will really make it complete though and I can't wait to see it .

mat1970bronc

Loc.
Kent, WA
I'm gonna have to agree with Howie. Although I thinkthe rollbar and center console will help it look less large and tie the whole interior together. Good job!<br>

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I think it looks good. You didn't put a glove box in with all that room? Even with a console I still rat hole stuff in the backside of my roadster inserts.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
Actually, I think a glove box will make it look better...Its just too blank on that side...The glove box will be alot bigger than the original...I still have some more stuff to do to it, but these pics are the basics...I will also have cup holders in the console, and another storage space for the first issue of Bronco Driver, and my portfolio of the Bronco's rebuild from begining to end...