• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

anyone driving a 1/2 cab

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
I just put a 1/2 cab on my 73', I love the change , and the looks it gets. <br>Question for you.<br>Suggestions for speaker mounting, (I'm used to large, in the back of a wagon)<br>My hi back buckets pop out my glass, (I'm re-adj again)<br>The cab seems to be 1/2 inch wider than window, any one encountered sealing problems, the cab is from a 66'.<br>And one final Q , rollbar for a 1/2 cab that will fit inside the wagon (my wife likes the wagon better, got to keep her happy)

joes75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pittsburgh
I dont have one.... cant really answer any of your questions... but it would be neat to get a halfcab and cut the back end off and put a tube frame flatbed back there... an idea at least... those toyota boys do that a lot

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
The Toy guys cut the back off cause they aren't worth nothing , just jap junk . Might do it to an EB if it was a rust bucket like 'ol broncorotors ! <br>As to the 1/2 cab , welcome to the world of NO space ! Good luck finding a place for ANY size speaker ! Noticed the same problem with seats , left the stockers in . JBG makes a 1/2 cab roll bar ... $$$ Top fit is possibly due to different bolt hole placement with the '66 top . Try pre-loading the windshield ( pull it back ) before tightening all the bolts .

Blue_Oval_Boy

Loc.
New Site, Alabama
i got 2 6 1/2"s in a box inbetween the 2 bucket seats, gonna try to mount them inside my new console i got for christmas. i just aint had no time i seen some ad in a ford magazine daddy gets, where they make high quality reproduction speakers for alot of old fords. might make them for the factory dash speaker<br>

Kobrin Bros.

Loc.
San Diego / Stockton
hey, I've got a '72 half cab, you'd have ta' take picks of your funny fit 'cause I'm not gettin' what you're sayin'.<br><br>oh, and some suggestions on spots to install speakers....<br>you could cut the doors at the front bottom corners, or maybe build a box that sits under the dash between the seats....

HorsePlay

Loc.
Middlesex, NJ
I just fit a split bench seat out of a 2000 ranger in my EB 1/2cab, looks great, all adjustments work, as fpr speakers, in the side. behind the door opening the previos owner cut holes for 4" speakers and I will put 6x9's somewere else, question, is there room to put 6x9's in the kick panels?<br><br>[quote author=stevew link=board=5;threadid=7955;start=0#55981 date=1029198011]<br>The Toy guys cut the back off cause they aren't worth nothing , just jap junk . Might do it to an EB if it was a rust bucket like 'ol broncorotors ! <br>As to the 1/2 cab , welcome to the world of NO space ! Good luck finding a place for ANY size speaker ! Noticed the same problem with seats , left the stockers in . JBG makes a 1/2 cab roll bar ... $$$ Top fit is possibly due to different bolt hole placement with the '66 top . Try pre-loading the windshield ( pull it back ) before tightening all the bolts . <br>[/quote]

OP
OP
americanhorses

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
The first bolt hole on the drivers side matches as well as the metal tab/spline for the weatherstriping, on the pass side the metal tab on the cab sticks passed the winshield tab about a 1/2", I was going to just split the diff. and see if it seals when I put the doors back on.<br>The bed partition was exactly the same , 1/2" wider at the top, a couple of smacks with a hammer fixed that.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've got a half cab, but it's the original top windshield frame, when I swap the windshield frame, I figure I'll have a bit of a problem.

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
I don't have a deck in mine yet, but I mounted two speakers in the doors with Ch*vy Astro van contact switches in the jambs. Next I want to design and build a console that will fit over one of those smaller Bazooka bass tubes to balance out the treble a little (no, running around going "boom boom" like a white gansta wannabe isn't my thing -- makes me want to puke). I just want to get a little more bass to even things out, if my idea will work. As for the roll bar, I don't see why you couldn't make one for the halfcab that would sit just below top level so you could use it with either cab, or fab an inside the cab one (if you have enough room for you and the bar) that would work with either top.