• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

power steering pump

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
well I noticed the other day that my stock P/S pump<br>was whinning some when I turned the wheels<br>so I checked the level it was a little low not much. <br>added some fluid and brought the level up to the marker<br>on the dip stick. started it and the damn pump started puking out past the dip stick!! still whinning like it is going to die :mad: this pump is about 10 yrs. old, guess it's time to upgrade ;D whats the best pump upgrade with the least mods. needed? the saginaw? <br><br>thanks<br><br>robert

OP
OP
flint_knapper

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
I have already looked at the project links thanks<br>joes75. I like the napa saginaw pump, I guess it's<br>the easiest of them. called napa and it is 95.99 + core.<br>I paid close to that for the stock pump 10 yrs. ago!!<br>guess that's what I'll do.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I just scored the ford saginaw pump and bracket off about an 80 or so ford van. The is also an agr pump made with the bigger stock for pump. Check summit in the 5.0 section for that one.

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
If the stock one lasted 10 years just put another stock one in.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I hate to be the only Ford PS pump guy every time, but here goes: use a '78-96 F-350, 250, or 150 (they are all the same pump) PS pump, it has more low rpm pressure than the Saginaw plus it says "Ford" on the side. It's also only about $70 + core (usually about $10-15). The hose will have to be made using a '79 F-150 hose and the original Bronco box end.<br>

Darrell

Loc.
Bellingham, Wa
I'm with 76broncofromhell, I used the setup he's suggesting and I've been very pleased. I'm turning 35 inch tires also. It's a fairly noisey pump, but I've been told after a few hundred miles it quites down. It's almost half the price and I used my stock pump as the core exchange. Just a little filing to get it to fit and your good to go :D

OP
OP
flint_knapper

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
MXPAZ, I don't want to really go with <br>another stock pump. I got the one that’s<br>dieing from napa, it took 3 pumps before<br>I got one that wouldn't whine all the time.<br>this one was the quietest of the bunch.<br>I just don't want to go thru that hassle<br>again!!<br>