• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's my rig worth???

offroadr35

Loc.
Boulder, CO
here's the deal, i'm about to start building a buggy. My plan is to wheel my bronco for a year or so until the buggy is done and then sell the bronco. I'm just wondering what you think i can realistically get for my bronco, this will help me decide what i can spend on the buggy. Specs are as follows:<br><br>93 5.0 SEFI that runs AWESOME, C4, twin sticked D20, RR60s rear welded, front detroit, 5.13s, hydro assist steering, custom 2" DOM cage by rockstomper with removable speedglas windshield, custom front "wristed" arm suspension built by Rockstomper (very similar to Coby Hugly's arms), BC 5.5" coils up front, not sure what the rear leafs are from, interior completely rhino lined, summit seats with covers and 5pt camlock belts, biggest tuffy box in the rear, xena underhood welder, 38.5x14.5x16.5 SX with fullsize spare. Warn x8000i with masterpull rope and hook. I'm sure there's more but i can't think of it right now. Here's a pic<br><br>
bronco%20on%20trailer%20003.jpg

vbro

Nice trail rig :eek: <br>I would check Ebay's completed auctions for similar rigs. that way you can get an idea of prices around the country.<br>From what I've seen..I'd say 9-10K

TNBronco

Loc.
Memphis TN
Ebay will definatly bring more than the average 'for sale' posts on off road boards, just because a lot of people who read wheeling mags that cant/dont do their own work will pay a premium for an already built rig. Found this the case with my old 'ricer'.<br><br>

OP
OP
O

offroadr35

Loc.
Boulder, CO
i've never really seen a similar rig, too much is custom. yes there is a body lift, i believe it's 2". The 5.5 isn't exact though because i'm not using the stock coil buckets and i don't know what height they were at. I could be lower, i could be higher...all i know is that i'm pretty much as low as i could possibly be with these tires, i don't like being up high.<br><br>-Steve

OP
OP
O

offroadr35

Loc.
Boulder, CO
didn't JUST buy it, i've had it for about 8 months. If you read my post i'm building a buggy and want to sell this when i'm done which i guess will be in a little less than a year.<br><br>-Steve

OP
OP
O

offroadr35

Loc.
Boulder, CO
i forgot to add that it's a 72 so is pre-smog. Do you think there'd be a market for just the body/frame/cage/bumpers etc? <br><br>-Steve

joes75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pittsburgh
hey steve... you'll laugh at me but hell why not....<br><br>I have a toyota you couls SAS and wheel.... I'll trade you that... my two broncos and all the crap that goes with em...... and I'll throw in a cherry 89 ramcharger... c'mon man... you know it's worth it ;D ;D ;D<br><br>but when you do try and sell her good luck... you surely wont have a problem.<br><br>you already workin on the buggy? if so you wouldnt have any withdrawl after selling her.. you could go right back out and wheel..... anyways...........<br>Joe

rednck21

whoa...that thing is sweet! why would you want to sell it? you must be building one hell of a buggy to sell it! tell me more about the steering setup you have. ive got to have some sort of assist for mine but im not sure what my options are yet ::)

OP
OP
O

offroadr35

Loc.
Boulder, CO
sorry joe, the last thing i need is more stuff. i already have NO space whatsoever. i don't really even have a place for the trailer, let alone my new buggy, let alone the 473 cars you just offered me. i haven't started on the buggy yet, all i have is the chassis. it's gonna be a 4-seater. Hopefully mog axles, big block, coilovers, and all that good stuff. Here are some pics of the chassis if anyone's interested...<br><br>http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/offroadr35/lst?.dir=/tube+chassis&.view=t<br><br>-Steve

OP
OP
O

offroadr35

Loc.
Boulder, CO
it's all custom. it's a 2" ram. i can probably get some pics later this week, i'm bad at putting things in words.<br><br>-Steve

joes75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pittsburgh
how much did you give for the cage? loks nice. I lik eht front of it. so what's your budget going to be lke when you get into the buggy? I'm sure selling th ebronco will help out a lot.. but if you did go to mogs and BB, and all the bells and whisles... how much do you plan to spend?

OP
OP
O

offroadr35

Loc.
Boulder, CO
i paid 250 for the chassis. the guy sold it for just what he put into it in tube, wire, and gas. I'm hoping i can get the whole buggy done for under 10 grand and sell the bronco for 12-15...it'd be nice to have some cash for once. if i can't come up with 10 grand i think i can make a pretty sweet buggy with about 5, just with different parts such as rockwells, a 203-205 doubler, and other *cheaper* parts.<br><br>-Steve