• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power steering pergatory

G

I finally got everything i need for my power steering setup, put it all together and then add the fluid(to my new pump) and she whats she got, i then hear a awful squealing sound, not only that but when driving it wont correct its self i have to move it back to the original position by hand, how can i fix it any help is well appreciated. thanx

JMurray

1 Saginaw pump. <br>2 My Bronco does not correct like my Mustang, don`t know if anybodys else has that problem. On my truck you have to "help" it correct. It trys, but not like a car.<br>Jerry

joes75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pittsburgh
the issue of the correction cam eup prolyl a month or 2 ago... I cant seem to remember what caused it(prolly a worn pump) or if there was a simple fix... hel I'd go ahead and get a new pump if the funds allow

77bronko

Loc.
Norfolk MA
When mine wasn't correcting I had two problems. One the power steering fluid turned to varnish and buggered up the sector shaft bearings and everything else. A good flush may fix this I don't know. The other problem was the sector shaft preload or set screw was binding in the sector shaft(and still is because I don't know where to get a new one). But cleaning the bearings and sector shaft made alot of difference. Still won't come completely to center though.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
If you figure out a solution, post what you did. I don't have a clue as to how to fix the problem, but if you find the cure, let us all know. Thank You!!!<br><br>snake

OP
OP
G

its easy u go out and find a sagnaw box and install it instead of the ford box