• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bad Handleing

72BEAST

Loc.
Colorado Springs,CO.
Got a problem on roads that have deep grooves in them. My truck wants to go all over the place(surprised the cops haven't pulled me over). It doesn't do it on good roads. I was woundering if it was the stableizer or not. Thanx

G

I doubt that it is your stabilizer. I don't even have one, and my Bronco tracks straight. Check the tow in on your front alingment. It should be 1/8 to 1/4 towed in, for proper tracking.<br>Garrett

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
what Model of tires do you have, If it doesn't do it on smooth roads, I'd have to go out on a limb and say it's the tires you have.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
I am guessing you have Manual Steering. Mine likes to change lanes whenever I hit ruts in the roads.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Brother I hate to tell you this, but it's those mud-terrain tires. :-[

77bronko

Loc.
Norfolk MA
If its not your front end bushings, check your rear end. Also check your front ball joints, check them by jacking up the truck and having someone else pry on the front wheel while you look at the ball joints. <br><br>Pretty much if your steering wheel isn't pulling when this happens, there is something loose somewhere. If your steering wheel is pulling (moving) then its your tires or alignment.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
So you guys are saying that its not the manual steering and that its one of the other problems listed?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Check the track bar it should be at the same angle as the steering link. Check the bushings in the track bar, set the toe in to 3/16. Toss out the rubber c bushings and change to 7 degree ureathane ones. After this is done try it it should be a whole lot better if it isnt good enough adjust your tire pressure adjust 5 lbs higher/ lower and see how it feels.