• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

carb and vacuum

FFBronco

I am putting a 4160 holley on by 77. Problem is there is only on vacuum source on the carb. Just above secondary's. Is this the proper timed port that I need for the vacuum advance for the distributor? Thanks.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I have a 4160 on a 76 and the vacuum advance is hooked on the leftside front of the front fuel bowl/metering body.

OP
OP
F

FFBronco

I guess the carb is actually a d4te asa. not a 4160, but they are pretty close. Only thing is, there is only one vacuum port. It goes into the side of the carb at an angle just above one of the secondary's. I sure that i will lose vacuum here and not get my advance. Isn't the advance supposed to use more vacuum for more advance when the rpm go up.