• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tie rod over

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
I would like to use this convertion on my 76 inverted Y setup. Now I know what your thinking. Your saying why would anyone want the inverted Y. Well to tell you the truth the inverted Y is up out of the way and is less prone to getting all bent to crap. I have yet to bend anything. The problem is I dont have a drop pitman arm and I would rather spend the money raising the tie rods than lowering the drag link or in this case the right tie rod. OK hear is the delema. I can do the drivers side no problem. The problem is if you flip the passengers side over it puts the tie rod on top of the pitman arm. There is no room on top and it defeats the purpose. Do I cut the passengers side tie rod off flip it over and reweld it? This makes replacement a PITA. Do I just do the drivers side because it does hang down lower and is on a steeper angle. Do I convert over to the f-150 tie rods? This is spending more money. Or do I get a drop pitman arm and complain about spending $80 just to get the drag ling and trac bat on the same angle. Wich doesnt bother me all that much. Sorry so long. TIA

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I have the f-150 tie-rod over set up and really like it. That's what I would suggest. I would think you could cut and thread your Pass tie-rod like an adjustable drag link. Then you could adjust the length and flip the end over.

OP
OP
rulebreaker

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=SteveL link=board=5;threadid=8134;start=0#57643 date=1029649499]<br>I have the f-150 tie-rod over set up and really like it. That's what I would suggest. I would think you could cut and thread your Pass tie-rod like an adjustable drag link. Then you could adjust the length and flip the end over.<br>[/quote]Thas a good idea thanks

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Do the f-150 flip and be done with it. It seem you have the equip. to do the work so if you do not<br> want to spend the $300 go to the bone yard or local auto parts and get the tie rod and drag link<br> from a 79 f-150 and an extra adjusting sleeve. Cut the tie rod and rethread it. Cut the drag link and <br>put left hand threads on one side and right hand threads on the other side and connect them with the <br>extra sleeve. With your 76 knuckles you will not need the TRO bushings but you will need the 1 TRA<br> bushing at $16. You get a 1 1/8" solid spring steel tie rod and you do not need the drop pitman arm<br>or drop track bar bracket. Pictures can be seen at www.bcbroncos.com if you need more info. give me<br> a call.