• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which Timing Set?

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Cloyes double roller / Erson double roller both are very good ones stay away from the cheep ones and good luck with your choice. 8) 8) 8) Bill 8) ::) :p

72Sport

Bronco Guru
What ever you buy check the width of the crank sprocket. The full racing type may be about .100" thicker than stock. That means the crank pulley will not line up with the water pump pulley or anything else. <br><br>It will work with v-belts but may throw a serpentine belt. The first roller chain I put in had a wide crank sprocket. A friend has been running a wide one on a 72 for about ten years with v-belts and has not had a problem.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
In all the motors I've built, It was either the Cloyes Double Roller or a Pete Jackson Geardrive.<br> With the Cloyes you can order just the chain when you need to replace it.

OP
OP
C

canadabronco

Loc.
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
I just prchased the Edelbrock True roller. I t was on special for $50 so I thought it ws an omen. That stuff is hard to find at a good price. I was quoted about $130 for the Cloyes. I imagine I can use spacers if the pulleys don't line up if it is a too thick. I will keep my fingers crossed once again.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D On some blocks the chane wont quite clear what you do is put the cam gear on and the chane and ck to see if it tuches take a die grinder and give it a little clearance and you will be good to go good luck and have fun. ::) ::) ::) Bill 8) :p

JMurray

Another vote for Cloyes, have one in my Mustang. 15 yrs.<br>Jerry