• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SC Need your help

OP
OP
J

jomag1214

Loc.
Greenville, SC
buying first bronco. Opinions about vehicle on eBay. He is asking $20k.
It will not let post link directly.

Item Number:

OP
OP
J

jomag1214

Loc.
Greenville, SC
Thanks for posting link.
Is this a reasonable price? I have no point of reference. Any obvious issues you can see? Any advice is much appreciated.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I do not like the flares.
Or the bumpers.
It sounds solid but I am not digging the styling.
Depends on what you want it to do.
What are your eb intentions?

OP
OP
J

jomag1214

Loc.
Greenville, SC
My intentions are weekend cruising and some mild off road use. It will not be my primary ride. Just reaching back to my youth. Always loved these trucks. I am looking to keep the price less than $20k. What are you thoughts on price? These trucks are not easy to find.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
My intentions are weekend cruising and some mild off road use. It will not be my primary ride. Just reaching back to my youth. Always loved these trucks. I am looking to keep the price less than $20k. What are you thoughts on price? These trucks are not easy to find.

Be patient, you can do better IMO than the yellow 73' ebay bronco. Just from personal CL experience, when I've gone to check out a bronco, and "No Rust" was mentioned more than once, and the seller uses exclamation points excessively throughout the ad................ I've left disappointed every time. Don't limit yourself to local............have cash in hand and a trailer hooked up to your truck, ready to travel and you should be able to find cheaper and better. Good luck!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Be patient, you can do better IMO than the yellow 73' ebay bronco. Just from personal CL experience, when I've gone to check out a bronco, and "No Rust" was mentioned more than once, and the seller uses exclamation points excessively throughout the ad................ I've left disappointed every time. Don't limit yourself to local............have cash in hand and a trailer hooked up to your truck, ready to travel and you should be able to find cheaper and better. Good luck!

I'll second that one brother...

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Not to be an ass, but these broncos are not that hard to find. There are lots of broncos out there especially in the SC area. I'm usually a "chatty Patty" in our state. I'm sorry but I like to talk about early broncos. I am by no means a know-it-all but I got some skills. I'd be very cautious buying any kind of vehicle site unseen, especially early broncos. With this site most Broncos on here have a build thread. Wether good or bad, it's a documented build. There are some good guys near you, such as SC74, MikeD, JBass, BroncosbyBart and Tonka. I'm sure there are a few I have forgotten about so I apologize to those. Nonetheless, you are doing good by asking us on this website. You can also chk out Carolina Bronco4x4's website. It's local and very helpful on a local level. I'm happy to help so PM me if you would like. Just make sure the frames vin matches the title if you are spending that kind of money.
Matt

67RT

Bronco Guru
At that price there should be no rust whatsoever. If it has newer paint, make sure you get pics of it before paint or resto pics. A good resto person will have and share.. Leave money in your pocket for things that inevitably go wrong with old cars..

67RT

Bronco Guru
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/4742499446.html

I like this one. It is lower down on this board. Have it or any other inspected. If everything listed was done well/professionally it should be really nice.. Only negatives I see are lack of hard top if you want one, lack of three points front and rear, and the front bumper may have a little tilt to it..