• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'69 LUBR on eBay sold for $30k

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Was watching this thing since day 1. Started at $1k and then jumped to $10k within a day and kept climbing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epic-Uncut-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Description was good but not great. Incredibly clean EB but this appears to be on the high end of say a Barrett Jackson auction item. Worth the $30k?

The same 2 guys started a bidding war at $21,500 and the one guy with 0 feedback won it.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Definitely a nice looking rig. Not sure about the $30K but some go for crazy money these days. The 0 feedback guy could be a shill bidder, happens all of the time, or just some jerk messing with the auction, happens all of the time too. Guess we will know if it gets relisted.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Sounds like it's time to buff my Reef Aqua '69 out and put her on the block! ;D

Attachments

• new69.jpg
    new69.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 91

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
High selling price's are a good thing!

Anyone who has a vested interest in old Classic Bronco's and don't/can't recognize the benefits of continuously rising sale price's are doing a dis-service to themselves.
For anyone who cringes at the price, would you feel the same if you were the seller? Or would you be thrilled that this Classic fetched a good price?

If there are too many people poo-pooing someone else to choice to pay a certain price, a price that some people may think is high...guess what happens to the market? The specfic classic that too many people poo-pooed will go down in value and the market will soften. Be careful what you wish for. Educated classic car people LOVE affluent people who choose to spend money on cars.

It works both ways and with enough involvment & experience in classic cars, you could fine yourself on the selling or buying side.....

-As a seller its a good thing that your old Bronco fetched a good price. Always nice to see our investments raise in value.

- As a buyer, you feel more confident in buying a classic for a higher price, because the stable & growing market builds confidence that you made a fair deal & paid a fair price.

House

Minutia Militia
$30k seems steep to me for a manual transmission, manual steering, drum brake rig.
Nice that is has A/C though!

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
I was surprised this one pulled $30K. This same seller has listed vehicles here on the forum before under the user name 'overton'. One example below, along with links to other Broncos he has had. His website is www.myfj40.com and he deals more in Toyota Land Cruisers than Broncos.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234329

http://lcn.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={2B59A31B-E687-42D4-B81F-7488E56A2498}&AlbumId={7A7AD026-F3E6-44FF-B1C1-90B6952DA4F7}&GroupId={F37EC046-44CB-4EC7-ABBB-8FF461E32EF9}&nt=a

http://lcn.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={2B59A31B-E687-42D4-B81F-7488E56A2498}&AlbumId={518C85B5-D8A0-41CE-9700-CC9F321576F1}&GroupId={A72FB061-D8E0-43E3-917D-F06A09135A32}&nt=a

Burkulater

Loc.
Lancaster, PA
Well Broncos look good in blue..... Actually doesn't surprize me at all and really wouldn't surprize me if the new owner takes the same bronco to a mecum auction and sells it for 44k

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
As a technical point, it's not a LUBR, just an UBR. Still, a clean one. Maybe 20K for the right person. Still awesome that it went for 30k. Good news in my opinion, especially given that clean Broncos are much sought after these days. It's about time in that respect. Look at the freakin' Land Cruisers lately.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Some good market value observations and points regarding out beloved early Bronco. We have all enjoyed the appreciated values as of late.
As a rule this website isn't the best place to bring your girl to market. The sell ratio to listings is less than 10%. Nevertheless, it's a great place to "check the market". I have found the most activity on Broncos less than 10K, in general. It's the best place to learn about these classics, and there are some very knowledgeable people and resources on here.

Remember, buyers determine the market, not sellers.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great points here guys! That is one beautiful rig. And Chris, excellent comment about buyers!! Very true.

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
i bid on it up to $8000 but i knew it was gonna go for way more than that. I figured $20-$25k but it got some attention for sure. It was only 2.5hrs away from me.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
He just wrote me back, said the buyer setup an inspection but hasn't rec'd the money yet

Clearly not a LUBR haha. I thought I remember someone saying Left Uncut Bronco at one point...

OX1

Bronco Guru
High selling price's are a good thing!

No it is NOT!! Unless you are a pure collector for the sake of collecting.
No one pays that kind of money and actually uses it for anything other than an occasional show.

What a waste.................:mad:

House

Minutia Militia
Not to bitch here, but why is it a "waste" to have a nice rig you want to take care of? :D

OX1

Bronco Guru
Not to bitch here, but why is it a "waste" to have a nice rig you want to take care of? :D

There is a huge difference between a nice rig taken care of and the one above that would be seriously devalued with even one minor scrape or rock chip. What is the point of a rig you are afraid to even drive down the road once to a local car show.

I'm all for the survivors like the one above (or special editions) being substantially more in value than the average, but if the average POS starts approaching 10-15 grand for a rig you have to put another 10 in just to make it kind of nice, you just priced out many who will use them as they are now.

I guess worse case if the prices go that far through the roof, you buy some cheap body panels and just make a buggie.