View Full Version : 5.8 EFI throttle linkage question

easton68
03/13/06, 09:22 AM
I am installing EFI on a 5.8. I have the lower intake and fuel rail bolted on, the stock throttle linkage on the firewall is hitting the fuel pressure regulator. my gas pedal is stuck wide open. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have suggestions onhow to fix it? Also, what should I use for the throttle cable?
Thank you
Easton68

gddyap
03/13/06, 09:35 AM
The 5.8 is just like the 5.0. You don't use the stock linkage on the firewall. Remove it. Then use the stock throttle cable for a 'stang and connect it from the gas pedal to the throttle body.

SaddleUp
03/13/06, 11:12 AM
As mentioned above you need to get rid of the linkage. The cable will bolt into the same place the stock linkage goes through. To connect it to the pedal you need to take the pedal out. then bend the end 90 deg. (for a flat surface that the cable runs through) and drill the hole out to the right size to fit the end of the cable (the cable needs to recess into the end), then slot it so the cable slides over it and the end locks into it. There may be a better description somewhere on how to do this in one of the articles for swapping EFI in a Bronco.

Cactus killer
03/13/06, 01:27 PM
Or buy one that is made for the bronco and you don't have to mod your peddle of firewall just bolt it on. The cable is stainless not plastic and has a place for kickdown or cc. here is the link http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=27_51_108&products_id=712

easton68
03/13/06, 05:45 PM
Once again, Thanks a lot EB people. I have used tons of your advice and so far everything has gone very well. Hopefully I'll be able to pass it on. I was just wondering though...what year 5.0 should I get the throttle cable from?

SaddleUp
03/13/06, 07:20 PM
Once again, Thanks a lot EB people. I have used tons of your advice and so far everything has gone very well. Hopefully I'll be able to pass it on. I was just wondering though...what year 5.0 should I get the throttle cable from?
It doesn't matter too much since the EFI throttle cables are all pretty much the same except for the length. (It could even come off a 5.8) Just be sure it has the throttle body on the passenger side so that you get the longer cable.

Snafu
03/13/06, 09:16 PM
Check out fordfuelinjection.com There is a ton of info on swaping a 5.0 into a EB.