• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A Few EFI Wiring Questions

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
Alright this is gonna be long. Now I have a few questions: (pictures are numbered same as questions)

1) I don't remember what it looked like before, but I have new motor mounts now and everything is in place do engines always sit crooked like this? :dunno: (it looks worse in the pic due to the downward slope of the fenders) See Picture 1.

2) is this plug part of the AC system and can be ignored? (best I figured from tracing wires)

3) What is this connector? I know the relay connectors but this one is grouped with those and the MAF for the pass side of the harness (now my drivers side)

4) Whats this connector?

5) I think I have these but one. From left to right 12v from battery, Dunno this one, ground?, more AC shit?

6) Inside connectors, I think one has the VSS wires on it but not sure about the others.

Picture 1:
DSC00026.sized.jpg

Picture 2:
DSC00027.sized.jpg

Picture 3:
DSC00028.sized.jpg

Picture 4:
DSC00029.sized.jpg

Picture 5:
DSC00030.sized.jpg

Picture 6:
DSC00033.sized.jpg

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
1. yes the motor could be tilted this far back, depending on trans/transfercase crossmember location and getting the right driveline angle.
2. yes, it is A/C.
3. Hego connector, (O2 sensors) there should be another harness that plugs into that and then into the O2 sensors.
4. Brown connector has some things you need for proper hook up. Ford motorsport wiring harness book has a breakdown on what wire goes where. Or any mustang wiring harness schematic could break it down.
5. Pwr, coil, grnd, A/C
6. Looks like ?:? where the ECU power relay goes. Usually near green connector.

Good luck

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
On number 1 yes the engines do tilt back. (I don't recall off hand what the exact amount is that is most desireable though) Your motor mounts probably raised it some but it doesn't look to me like the angle is too bad. Just make sure it isn't hitting the firewall.

OP
OP
taxx

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
Awesome. I just spent some time on the phone with a friend who has recently done the swap too.

Also found this:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=6

I have the ford motorsports harness and I got it second hand so it looks like another trip to the yard for some of the extra plug ins and stuff. The probst book is great for the sensors and computer, but not for some of these BS plugs....

Thanks guys. Couldn't remember what the engine looked like before and this is new mounts on the engine and old on the tranny till the new tranny ones get here. Its not touching the firewall I can easily reach my hand down there.

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
This site might help. http://www.vintagebronco.com/newberry/ It has PDF instructions for the FMS harness that it looks like you have.

The round brown plug and the square green plug would normally plug into the chassis harness on a 86-93 Mustang.

I started out with a stock Mustang harness and it had the same plugs. I used the schematics on www.fordfuelinjection.com along with the Charles Probst book to figure out where to connect wires for those plugs on a Bronco. I kept my notes, but all the wire colors for your FMS harness are different than my 91 Mustang harness, so I don't know how much help my notes would be. I also had the entire harness unwrapped and on my work bench, so I could trace wires back to the pins on the computer. It will be real fun all wrapped up and in the vehicle.

OP
OP
taxx

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
actually I had it all unwrapped and on the workbench yesterday for a few hours tracing many wires and tagging them and moving some plugs. With it being a new hardness its easy to trace the wire colors. I traced a couple of the wires on these plugs I just wanted to get some knowledge from others experience what they are for before I went cutting anything. I am going to go and try and find the chasis harness plugs for these if I can.

I appriciate the links, I found this one last night too and it really helped.

http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/5_0l_wiring.html