• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

automatic swap question???

slcpunk

Loc.
The WB, UTAH
So yesterday I was test driving this bronco, and while going down the road I noticed how nice it was to not have to shift(it had a c4). so this got me thinkin; I was planning to do a zf or a nv3550 but what about an aod or something?

what is the easiest auto with an od to swap in to an eb?
also what is the stronger of the auto trans with od?

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
4r70w from and explorer, or an AOD.... Do a search here you'll find lots of info.. none are as easy as a c4.... w/ OD there crossmember mods, driveshaft mods. ect...

OP
OP
slcpunk

slcpunk

Loc.
The WB, UTAH
I am leanin more towards the aod. so which is stonger? can I use the shifter for the c4 on an aod? what about the kick down cable?

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
dont think you can use the shifter , both trans can be built strong, the 4r70w from a 98 or newer Explorer has a lower first gear... like I said do a search, AOD might cost alittle less but the 4r70w has some better features... but cost more to do.. w/ electronics and stuff