• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front VS Rear lift ???

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I currently have Wildhorses 3 1/2" suspension lift and 1" body lift. Since the lift was installed I have swapped the 302 for a 393 and added a winch to the front. I am in on the mass buy for the STC top so I will be removing the hard top in the next few weeks and putting on the soft top. I already sits higher in the rear with the hard top and I am worried it will be much worse when I take it off. I am considering swapping my 3 1/2 inch coils for 4 1/2 inch coils. Is there anything to worry about in doing this? Anybody ealse running a setup like this?

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
With a 2 ½” lift mine set higher in the rear by about an 1”. I have just installed new 2 ½” leafs and 3 ½” coils. Now it is about a ½” higher in the front. (Half cab with a winch bumper and winch.)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I decided to go with 5.5" front coils and 4.5" leafs from BC when I built my 408'C'-powered '69 rig..also trying to account for the front winch, York OBA and heavy bumper. No joy..I ended up putting 3/4" spacer blocks in the rear and it still sits just slightly lower in the rear than the front. (Which is OK with me). It's hard to guess it right... %)