• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3 pass vs Aluminum Rad

fwilder

Hey all,

My radiator is finally giving it up. I'm looking at either a Triple pass for $400 for a Ron Davis Aluminum for $430. Both from BC. My Truck has always run cool, but I figure when it breaks fix it right. Thoughts? Other suppliers? Stock?

tabascom16

Loc.
Salisbury, PA
My dad had a 4 core in his high performance Bronco and the temperture would creep up quickly if idliing in a parking lot. The 2 core aluminum radiator has seemed to put this under control. I guess it coudlnt hurt to go overkill. Plus for the 30 extra bucks the aluminum radiator looks nicer.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I run a universal aluminum in mine (Cost was $180) which has been in there for about 1 1/2 years and I have been very happy with the way it works. I would say go with the Ron Davis one. In my opinion that is the best radiator you can get for the EB. (I've been happy with mine but I would rather have a Ron Davis)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
fred, you know how radical my engine is right? i have a BC tripple pass and it's never gone over 190 with it.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
same here Fred. I run the standard BC 3-core in both broncos with 351's in em. They are more durable than aluminum.