• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ARBs with stock shafts

mountain14er

Loc.
Denver
I'm in line to buy some axles that are stock aside from the ARBs. So 3.50 gears (which I want thanks to the NP435), 28 spline rear shafts and the stock front shafts. I know the front can be upgraded with Chevy shafts (with the long one shortened) and I could get better than stock 28 spline rear axles if I start breaking stuff.

I'm usually easy on the skinny pedal and running 32" tires now with no serious plans to change, maybe 33-35s some day.

Anyway, just looking for advice, words of wisdom, mocking, whatever.

silverbullet

Loc.
Columbia, MO
14er,

Ive been checkin into some ARB's for myself. Was hoping to stick with my new 28 splines but it looks like Ill have to fork for some 31's, Thats the smallest spline count you can get in the ARB.

If your stuck on the 28's you can go with a Detroit. I chose the other route because I wanted a selectable and of corse the great suggestions here. ;D

Good luck