• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driver's door misaligned now?!?

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Need your thoughts and experience on this: Ever since I removed my hard top the driver's side door does not close easily...it used to with the HT on. Now it seems to sag, but I suspect it's could be teh body tub and rear door post that's really sagging. When I do close the door I notice that the rear striker seems slightly too high for the door and once closed there's more space between the door edge and body at the bottom rear than top rear of the door (nearest the handle / stiker). Pass side still seems fine, just as it was prior HT removal. Any thounts on how to remedie this short of putting the HT back on?

Thanks
Joe

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
is the front of the window frame hitting the windshield frame? could that be pushing back on the top of the door making the back lower?

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Well it does contact the frame, so I will check that for sure. It seems the top of the windsheild frame flexes out (up?) when I close the door...I'm going to fab braces to the cage so the windsheild is held more firmly but have not done so yet. I'll have to see if I fold the windsheild down whether the door is still misaligned...

Thanks for the idea!

Joe

cakedude

Loc.
Friendswood/houston,
Hello,

I would check all of the body mount bushings. You can add large fender washers where needed to help remove the "sag". By adding a few here and there you can probably get it where you need it.

Good Luck

Grant :cool: