• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AC hookup with explorer serpentine ?

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
any pics of AC setups with the explorer serpentine ?, are there any aftermarket manifolds to plum the compressor without using the factory hose assembly ? , does the mustang compressor in the BC kit bolt the same as the explorer compressor ? , I assume the BC compressor is a sanden -so does sanden have compressor that bolts to the explorer bracket ? -------------------------------- thanks for any responce

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The last Explorer conversion I did had working A/C (in my Ranger). The only way I could pull it off was to have the hoses custom made at a local A/C shop. I'll do it again for the Bronco when the Explorer serpentine goes on that.

Since there is no standard A/C for a Bronco, expect all the hoses to be custom.

recycled the block and blowoff valve from the donor engine.

Dicovered the Explorer uses a slightly different clutch then normal. Probably part of that short drive system. I doubt any other A/C compressor/clutch will interchange. I thought my 4.0 Ranger A/C compressor was interchangable, but it looks to be slightly too long. Maybe 1/8"