• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Injector difference

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the #19 ford fuel injectors from my '91 mustang motor, they have a single outlet pinhole. I bought a rebuilt set of #19 injectors that have 4 outlet pinholes. What applicatiion did these come from and are they compatable with my setup that was made for the single oinhole injector? Thanks, BI

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
bronco italiano said:
I have the #19 ford fuel injectors from my '91 mustang motor, they have a single outlet pinhole. I bought a rebuilt set of #19 injectors that have 4 outlet pinholes. What applicatiion did these come from and are they compatable with my setup that was made for the single oinhole injector? Thanks, BI

Just newer versions. Ford (or I suppose Bosch) improved them over the years. The new ones are a direct swap and supposedly have a better spray pattern. I'm running new take-offs from a 2001 4.6l Mustang.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
lars said:
Just newer versions. Ford (or I suppose Bosch) improved them over the years. The new ones are a direct swap and supposedly have a better spray pattern. I'm running new take-offs from a 2001 4.6l Mustang.

So the mod motor injectors work? I was under the impression that they were a different impedance and also needed a different fuel pressure so therefore they would not work correctly.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
bsaunder said:
So the mod motor injectors work? I was under the impression that they were a different impedance and also needed a different fuel pressure so therefore they would not work correctly.

They've been working fine on my engine for 4 years. I wondered the same thing, I got mine from five o motorsports The guy insisted they were a direct swap. I know that the impedance on some injectors are different, but apparently not these. The ones I have looked identical to the ones that were in my 1998 Expedition, which had a 4.6l mod motor. Its fuel pressure was about the same as the 5.0 as I recall.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
lars said:
They've been working fine on my engine for 4 years. I wondered the same thing, I got mine from five o motorsports The guy insisted they were a direct swap. I know that the impedance on some injectors are different, but apparently not these. The ones I have looked identical to the ones that were in my 1998 Expedition, which had a 4.6l mod motor. Its fuel pressure was about the same as the 5.0 as I recall.

Good to know!