• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

setting the body one the frame!!!!

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
The time has finally arrived. I am going to set the body down tomorrow. I need to know if I have forgot anything before I set it. I have the engine/ tranny and TC all in. I dont have my drivelines in yet. Not a problem. Is there anything that ya'll have found out, that you should have done before you set the body down. I have my bushing kit and all that. What else might I want to do before I bolt the body on the frame. Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tim

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
hey man i haven't talked to you in awhile i hope you have been doing good it sounds like the bronco is doing good. it sounds like you have got it covered. i would install the gas tank and all the bekae lines first, i did and it made it alot easier later. keep us posted and post some pics. later.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Are you mounting the exhaust from the body or the frame?
Headers/head pipes installed?
Have you run your brake/fuel lines?
Gas Tank installed?
I take it suspension is already done?
H Block/prop installed?
Steering etc?

I am planning on having everything done on mine except the main wiring harness, steering column/shifter, and other obvious interior stuff done before I drop the body on. Are you installing the front clip seperately? Here are just a few Q's without too much insight into exactly where you are right now.

OP
OP
E

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
well right now I have the engine tranny and TC all installed. The suspension is done. I dont have the brake and fuel lines ran yet. I could have sworn that the fuel tanks bolt to the body. I might be mistaken. Its been 3 years since I had this all together. If they bolt to the frame anyone got any pics of them. I really need to know before I set the body down. Thanks for the tips all.

Tim

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
elkarcher said:
Its been 3 years since I had this all together.
I know what you mean, its only been 4 months for me and I still forget a lot of the stuff. The rear tank bolts to the frame with a strap and J bolts but the aux is to the body. The rear will be much easier to mount prior to putting the body on. You can also run your lines on top of the frame if you want to do it now (cleaner install and away from possible damage).

Is your front clip detached?

OP
OP
E

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
The clip is there but the fenders hood and grill are off. I am getting the brake lines in the morning. What kind of fuel line are you using. I am thinking about using steel brake line with the union fittings or something close to that .

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I got a roll of aluminum from summit for real cheap and am going to use it all the way up the frame. I got BC's cool billet clamps to tie it all together including a spot for a return line if/when I do efi.

Attachments

• clamps.JPG
    clamps.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
E

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
I can make that at work when I have time. That would be pretty cool for the fuel lines. Looks better then than the zip ties or plastic clips.