• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which Sag. pump w/dual return....?

nickmyron

Loc.
Tigard, OR
I am going to do a power steering upgrade (F-150 4x4x2) and in the future am going to do install Hydroboost.

I need to buy a power steering pump that has dual return lines so i can plug one of them until I install the Hydroboost later on.

Does anyone have a part number or link to the correct Saginaw dual return pump? Also which pump bracket (WH, BC's, West coast, etc) will work with little modification? (Standard V-belt 302).

Thanks,

Nick~

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
I was pricing these earlier today. Go to PartsAmerica.com and enter a '94 GMC w/7.4 ltr engine. Then click replacement parts -> Steering -> pumps...

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
I got a pump from Napa for a '77 Lincoln Mark V. It was $65 plus a $7 core. I am also using the Wildhorses bracket for reference, had to use a few washers to get it all lined up, but works just fine. I'm using the 4x4x2 conversion as well. The pressure hose part # that Im using is Napa 71133, just under $20. Been a good setup for me.

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
Nick, just saw you are doing hydroboost too. I have done this install as well, Ive written up a tech article, just need to add a few pics to go along with it. PM me your email and Ill send it to you, should help you out.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
PDXBronco said:
Is it this one?

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=A1C&mfrpartnumber=208735&parttype=251&ptset=A

Looks like a good price, what brackets work and if you are using a serp setup like BC's will it work with it?

The link looks like the Lincoln pump. Chevy has one return going under the can and pointing forward and one down low on the drivers side pointing up. It looks something like this (can). Pump is the old Napa/Cardone upgrade which some do not like. Bracket is modified Mustang serp. Haven't installed this yet. Hope it misses the top rad hose.

Ford pumps are clocked so fill cap is closer to the water pump than Chevy.

Attachments

• 113_1304.JPG
    113_1304.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 113_1305.JPG
    113_1305.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 113_1306.JPG
    113_1306.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 25

tsmustangs

Loc.
All Over
78-79 lincoln pumps are the best. two returns facing upward. It's what I used. $15.00 at pick u part....

Terry

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
72Sport,

Are you going with a serp setup? That bracket looks really familiar to me (80's ish serp setup)??

Bill

72Sport

Bronco Guru
MnkyBiz said:
72Sport,

Are you going with a serp setup? That bracket looks really familiar to me (80's ish serp setup)??

Bill

The bracket is 86-93 Mustang. I already have the serp system and a Napa/Cardone pump with "tee" for hydroboost. Thought I would try to add a large pump can with a dual returns. Clearing the top radiator hose with the big can may be a problem.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
72Sport said:
The bracket is 86-93 Mustang. I already have the serp system and a Napa/Cardone pump with "tee" for hydroboost. Thought I would try to add a large pump can with a dual returns. Clearing the top radiator hose with the big can may be a problem.

Please keep me up todate with this swap! I have the same setup (through BCBroncos) and would love to get rid of my T, as I think it's leaking!