• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coolant overflow/washer fluid combo F150

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
I have read that a few people used a 1982 F150 coolant overflow/washer fluid combo tank in their EBs. I guess it bolts right into the inner fender well holes that are there for the stock washer tank.

I spent all day Saturday looking for a 1982 F150 or F100 in the KCI salvage yards with no luck. I did find 2 84s.

I then called Ford and got the part number for a NOS search. There is nothing NOS nationwide at Ford dealerships. The part number is D8BZ17618A.

The parts person I spoke with said that that part number was used in 80-84 F150s and F100s. I have read that this swap will work with a 82 only. If it is the same part number, would it have changed any for that year only?

Any input would be appreciated.

Jeff

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just did a search and can't find the thread where I got the info from. I beleive I bought the setup for a 89 model Bronco. I got it new at the dealer, tank and washer motor was about $75.

Attachments

• washertank.JPG
    washertank.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 93

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
jcwalsh1 said:
btt btt btt

J.W. is correct - there are plenty of other years if you want to use one like the one shown in his picture. Those are found on trucks at least through '91 and possibly later (can't remember if they changed them in '92 with the front sheet metal change or not).

Todd Z.

jims66

Green Sales in Ohio shows 4 (D8BZ17618A) in stock. Their number is 800-543-4959.