• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

drive shafts and 302 efi questions please help!!!!!!!

Ghost

Just curios, My bronco has been lift 5.5 inch and my rear drive shaft is too short. The splines mesh about a half an inch when it is sitting on flat ground. my quetion is, will a later bronco drive shaft work? I know some have the flat bolt face on some of the later models, but some have (I think) a fixed yoke like the EB does. Also will a newer fuel injection maniflod, etc...(like off a late 80's mustang) fit on older carbourated heads? if some one could help me out I would Greatly appreciate it. You can also email me at 66bronco@gmail.com

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
%) %) %) I would suggest going to a drive shaft shop and just have a new tub put in your's. That way they will come up with the right size and all will be good. Good luck and have fun.;D ;D ;D Bill %) :cool: ;D

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
The EFI manifold will bolt up to the 289/302 as long as it comes from a 5.0/302. There is a lot more than the manifold to change (Distributor, wiring, etc.) as well but that has been gone over several times here. Either run a search or check the tech. section on the left for details on what else is needed.