• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how does this engine sound?

mountain14er

Loc.
Denver
Found this listed locally and wondering how it would serve me for my bronco. As of now, I've got the stock 302 and an np435 but wouldn't mind going to an AOD or something while I'm at it.

95 Ford 5.0HO
Pulled from a wrecked Mustang GT, complete with all accessories, harnesses, computer and all. Odometer read just shy of 100K. $500/offer
Started to freshen up the motor with new performance parts - also available in a package deal.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Fair.
The ’95 computer and harness are a little different then earlier years. The intake is shorter so it will clear the hood without a body lift a little better. But I think it is a little wider, watch your master cylinder. I have seen them in Broncos before.
Front accessory drive is a little different, shorter but not as short as the Explorer. Also cannot run A/C as the compressor is in the way of the frame rail.
Distributor is a little different as well. A little shorter and remote TFI with computer controlled dwell. Some consider it cumbersome to use the remote TFI, others like it because you mount it in a cooler place as it is a higher failure item in the older engines.
Engine and body harnesses are also different then Pre-93