• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C6 NP205 install

cadcamproff

Loc.
Roswell, NM
I am trying to make a long distance, daily driver and a strong vehicle. I was given a C6 automatic and paid $50 for a ford NP205, from friend. I installed on the motor and started measuring. I found the rear transfer case output shaft to be about 3/4" off fom (side to side) towards the passenger's side, of the rear axle input shaft. The front transfer output is also 3/4" off from the front axle input, but towards the driver's side. This would be putting a compound angle to both of the driveshafts and I alread have a 4" lift kit. Is this a problem? Should I clock the transfer case down in some way, to line up the outputs of the transfer case to the inputs of the axles? Greg