• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

lights

cams 76

Loc.
brookings
when i drive with my high beams on ill be drivin along and they will just shut off completly the gauge and collumn stay lit and if i push the light switch in and pull it out they turn back on but the low beams have never done this they work perfect all the time???????

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
cams 76 said:
when i drive with my high beams on ill be drivin along and they will just shut off completly the gauge and collumn stay lit and if i push the light switch in and pull it out they turn back on but the low beams have never done this they work perfect all the time???????
Replace the light switch it's getting hot and kicking off. Same thing mine was doing. Cheap and easy fix.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The curcit breaker built into the headlight switch is tripping. Usually from an old headlight switch. Beyond that you need to start looking at the wiring. Any extra loads on the high beams? An old trick is to splice the headlight feed to the high beam switch to the low beams. This keeps the low beams on with the high beams. This puts a high load on the headlight switch