• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

yet another p/s pulley ???

Fishmanndotcom

Loc.
senoia, GA
ok bear with me guys, i am still very green when it comes to EB's but am learning as much as i can as i go. I tried searching here and googling it but i cant find exactly what i need

i have a hydro boost setup and hydro assist steering systems ready to be put on my my 72 with 302 but i cant seem to find which pulley i need. got a dual output sag pump (which i am also trying to find a bracket for) but every dual groove pulley i have tried has either not been aligned corrrectly or the crank pulley bolt holes dont line up.

can anyone help me figure which model year 302's i might start looking at? or will any 351 pulley's work? i'm trying to find something local and also get a better knowledge of my beloved early bronco :cool:

thanx a lot you guys

edit.... also is there a p/s sag pump bracket i need to look for or is that something i will prolly have to buy from a parts house or build?

-cutts-

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You need early 302 pulleys 68 or so some mustangs and I imagine other cars as well had 3 bolt pulleys you also need the corresponding water pump pulley. Some of the venders sell the correct pulleys. If your still having problems lining the PS up you will either need to shim the bracket or the pump to line it up. As for a bracket for a saginaw pump on a 302 again either the venders or try the junkyard late 80's early 90's vans had saginaw pumps. but I think the venders brackets are much better.

OP
OP
Fishmanndotcom

Fishmanndotcom

Loc.
senoia, GA
thanx for the quick response to my noob kinda question.

just got back from a local j-yard and found a 4 bolt 4 groove pully that fits the 302. i am certain i can lay the original pulley on top and drill the 3 holes to match up so i can bolt it on the crank.

i also found the p/s pump bracket that bolts to the waterpump which i hope is the same. luckily i have a pile of sag pumps and corresponding pump brackets that fits around them

i know parts house brackets are the way to go but i am a cheap azz, always will be so if i can get off cheaper then i try to go that route. esp if i can find the right parts for less than half of the parts house brackets.

i was mainly just curious as to what vehicles to look on. i think we found these parts on a 81 F150 with 302

-cutts-

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You can redrill the 4 bolt pulley just make sure its centered might want to fit it up to the balancer first. You can run a later 4 bolt balancer of any 302 up to 81 or off any year 351W. but you will need to remark the timing marks. Most of the 3 bolt pulley's were on EB's but I have seen a few early F100's and Vans with them also. but I would check all the late 60's early 70's cars some had them some didnt. I go to the pick and pull all the time and while I can get brackets and stuff cheaper I like the cleaner look and some of the late model factory brackets are horrendous.