• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heater Core question/issue

Atl 1975 Bronco

I have a 1975 Bronco Sport. I recently had engine coolant running into the passenger side floor board. There is no leaking on the engine side, so I'm assuming this is the heater core gone bad or rusted (I'm sure it is the original).

I live in Atlanta and I'm really not worried about using the heater at this point. To avoid the hassle and time involved replacing the heater core, can I just re-route the hose to bypass the heater altogether and go directly into the engine? ; or does the heater provide some sort of cooling function that I don't know about?

Thanks

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Just reroute it it doesnt add any cooling to the engine unless you are using the heater unlike many of todays vehicles that use it as part of the cooling system.