• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ARB COMPRESSOR ?'s

gasspaser

Loc.
St Petersburg FL
I run a ARB compressor, for my front locker ,and rear mono shock....My question is this, sould I run a small tank for filling up tires say 3-5 gallon...of use the compressor as is? And if I run A tank how should I run them off the compressor or tank?

mountain14er

Loc.
Denver
Have you used your compressor to air up tires before? It takes forever. I think a tank you can charge up at home and then recharge while you drive with the ARB compressor would be helpful. I would probably not run the locker/monoshock through the tank in case you want to remove it some day. There are 3 ports on the compressor: front locker, rear locker and pressure switch for the shutoff so you could make something work for a tank. And really a 5 gallon tank won't get you too far in airing up big tires so a compressor will be necessary.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
A tank would definately help out with airing up tires as long as it is pretty much sufficient to air them all in one shot. If not then once it is empty then the compressor will need to fill it at the same time as the tires which could take a little longer. It still should be faster than just airing direct since there will be some reserve to work with first.

OP
OP
gasspaser

gasspaser

Loc.
St Petersburg FL
I have a locked rear Dana 60 floater, and a dana 44 air locker up front... I run 35X15.5X15's and I don't want to spend the cash on a Co2 tank to fill up tires... Looking to save some room, since my bumpers won't mount my jerry can or Hi Lift jack...The rear seat sits on top a box housing my Batteries.

Just trying to figure out a way to set her up....I figure I would run the front locker off the compressor, and add a tank in line with the rear output of the compressor since I don't use the air shock, 5 gal should suffice. With line off the tank to fill tires when needed....If I use a tank setup as mentioned above, will I put a burn on the ARB compressor, and burn it up? Also what material should I use to build a tank, I have had good luck with sched 40 pvc at low psi's 100-150 but curious if that will hold up on the trail?

Craft

I would would not use pvc pipe. Most pvc is specificly not recomended for compressed air. I know a lot of people use it for that with good results, but I have been around 1" air lines when they blew, It's as loud as a gun shot, with lots of shrapnel flying.

OP
OP
gasspaser

gasspaser

Loc.
St Petersburg FL
looks like i'll wait on the tank. During my last outing my the relay on the garness is gone, and I just emailed ARB for a diagram, I might replce the harness as well...We will see how it goes...Trying to get stuff situated before OCBR