• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D20 shifter ????

Ranger Dave

Loc.
Newbury
i have three(3) T-cases with 3 different shifters.I was told there was 2,The T and the J
MVC-002S.jpg

MVC-001S-2.jpg

MVC-003S.jpg

can someone add some info?

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I may be wrong, but the first one looks like a J-shift, and the next two look like T-shifts.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
69Bronc said:
I may be wrong, but the first one looks like a J-shift, and the next two look like T-shifts.
Yes the first one is a J-shift and the next is a T-shift not sure about the last can't really see it very well.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
The last one is a T-shift hooked to a 3 speed, it looks like. Looks just like mine used to.

OP
OP
Ranger Dave

Ranger Dave

Loc.
Newbury
well if the last one is the "T"(it does have the chrome T handle with a button) then what is the second one with a screw in shift lever

MVC-001S-2.jpg

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
The first is a J shift with an automatic spud shaft. The second is a T shift, but I've never seen a cast shift before. The last one is a factory T shift like mine started out with.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
1 J shift 73 up
2 early I believe 66 maybe some 67's before they went to T handle
3 T shift 67- early 73

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
broncnaz said:
1 J shift 73 up
2 early I believe 66 maybe some 67's before they went to T handle
3 T shift 67- early 73

Bingo...One J-Shift and 2 t-shifts. The first t-shift looks just like the one on an early '66 I used to own, the second t-shift looksjust like the shifter I ttok out of my '69 when I installed the twin sticks.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
Ranger Dave said:
well if the last one is the "T"(it does have the chrome T handle with a button) then what is the second one with a screw in shift lever

MVC-001S-2.jpg

:D :D :D This is earley 66 had a straght handle on it was used till about mid year then the T shift came out. My 66 has this typ.%) %) %) Bill %) :cool: ;D