• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Astro h-boost question

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Obviously I have an Astro hydro-boost. I will have four-wheel disc brakes when I am done. ?:? What are you guys running for a master cylinder? From my search I found the following:
77-82 Corvette (Madd's choice)
89 AWD Astro-Van (can’t remember who to many treads)
Mopar master cylinder (ToddZ uses this not sure of the h-boost)
http://www.classicperform.com/ (is this a good option?)

Are there any others that will work? Nothing in the FAQs to help.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
mudstud said:
Obviously I have an Astro hydro-boost. I will have four-wheel disc brakes when I am done. ?:? What are you guys running for a master cylinder? From my search I found the following:
77-82 Corvette (Madd's choice)
89 AWD Astro-Van (can’t remember who to many treads)
Mopar master cylinder (ToddZ uses this not sure of the h-boost)
http://www.classicperform.com/ (is this a good option?)

Are there any others that will work? Nothing in the FAQs to help.

If I was running an Astro h-boost, I would recommend the 77-82 Corvette master. I tend to gravitate towards Mopar master cylinders but I'm using them on Ford h-boosts which have slightly different mounting bolt pattern on them.

Todd Z.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
four wheel discs-'80 Vette MC-BC rear discs(El Dorado kit)-stock prop valve with plunger removed-bc ebrake cables-JBG SS brake line kit. Stock '76 front discs. I may eliminate the stock prop valve later and add an inline for the rear but it is stopping real nice for now. '79 Mark V pump-pep boys pulley.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Man my nickels worth
If the astroboost if off a AWD van it is set for 4 wheel discs use the astro master, easy to adapt the hoses to the hblock
If you want a Ford version, use the F250 camper special master
If you want a GM version, I like Mads choice
Todds choice is good too, I like the big pickup master
AS you can see you aren't restricted but the absolute garanteed bolt on master cylinder for the Bronco is the mid 70's chev diesel pickup with the camper package as it was all discs. AS the lines are inverted flare, these are dog easy to fit and use.
The bolt up for the hydroboost to work with your setup is the Astro AWD master cylinder. You have to adapt the lines to the hblock.
My nickels worth
TOFIC

OP
OP
mudstud

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
The h-boost is off a 93Astro van. It looks like I am leaning to the 77-82 Corvette MC.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
mudstud said:
The h-boost is off a 93Astro van. It looks like I am leaning to the 77-82 Corvette MC.
Good choice talk to Madgyver about it, he can give you some hints on installing the thing in a Bronco

OP
OP
mudstud

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Mad has a nice setup. I am surprised he has not posted. I have been looking at his setup for a while. I will be using a stock angle bracket. All I have to do now is decide which route I am going to take on plumbing it.