• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.8 efi motor

buckedup

Loc.
Ft myers, Fl
I was wondering what is the best donor vehicles to pull a 5.8 efi motor from? I know the trucks are to high without running a hood scoop. Thanks for the help.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
The best donor 5.8 would be any from 94 and later. 94 and later were all roller motors I beleive. Your best bet is to buy a truck motor and then swap the Aftermarket 5.8 mustang intakes if you plan on running EFI components.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
It is a lot easier to locate a 5.8 truck motor than it is a 5.8 car motor.

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
So how much taller is the truck setup vs the car setup? I know it is in the archives somewhere I am just being lazy right now. If I am running a 2"bl and a proflow hood is that enough to clear the truck intake?
5820PR~2.jpg

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I don't think so. Check Saddleup's build thread. He has a 3" body lift and still had to make a custom hood scoop because of the truck intake.