• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 fluid change (spring in valve body location?...Help??)

AU Bronco

Loc.
Madison, AL
I took off the pan an filter yesterday to change the fluid and filter and i spring fell out maybe bout 1.25" long and i also found a little stepped piece that i believe goes on top or the bottom of the spring? Anyone know? There is a little flare out on the filter to cover a vertical hole and i assume that is where the spring goes? Is that all that i should have recovered? Any help would be great.

Thanx

Last edited:

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I should know this, but I can't remember. :-[ if you have a manual, check that. if not, be patient...somebody here knows.:p

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Haynes are freakin horrible. useless as tits on a boar hog.
lucky me, I have an old Chiltons that doesn't suck.
If you haven't received an answer by the end of the day, I'll look it up and letcha know.

OP
OP
AU Bronco

AU Bronco

Loc.
Madison, AL
Could this be the check valve and spring? I saw it for sale as C4 parts and it said it went under the filter but there were no pics or specifics.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
AU Bronco said:
Could this be the check valve and spring? I saw it for sale as C4 parts and it said it went under the filter but there were no pics or specifics.
Put the valve in the spring with the peg inside the coils then insert the assembly, (valve first) into the valve body. Install filter to retain the spring.

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
BwoncoHowie said:
Put the valve in the spring with the peg inside the coils then insert the assembly, (valve first) into the valve body. Install filter to retain the spring.

What he said.

OP
OP
AU Bronco

AU Bronco

Loc.
Madison, AL
Well the valve didnt come out...at least i dont think it did...just the peg and spring...with the peg and spring in that (verticle) hole the spring sticks out maybe .25" at the most...is this correct? Is the filter there to apply pressure and keep it set? Is there a ball or something else that might have fallen out that i need? Sorry so many questions but am new to this piece.

Thanx

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
AU Bronco said:
Well the valve didnt come out...at least i dont think it did...just the peg and spring...with the peg and spring in that (verticle) hole the spring sticks out maybe .25" at the most...is this correct? Is the filter there to apply pressure and keep it set? Is there a ball or something else that might have fallen out that i need? Sorry so many questions but am new to this piece.

Thanx

No just those two pieces. I don't have a pic but what you describe sounds right.

As long as you put the part of the peg that fits in the sping into the spring and then insert the peg end first, then you are correct, the spring will stick out a 1/4 of an inch or so and the filter holds it in place. No balls, nothing else, just those two pieces.