• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tilt Steering Installation Question????

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
I am going to try and install my tilt steering column and steering shaft tonight. Well, try to atleast. I bought it from Tom's, it is a Flaming River Automatic with Floor shifter type. The only instructions I recieved were the wire diagrams for the blinkers. Pictures really help me so if anyone has any please post them or direct me to a link that has a tech write-up. Thaks for the help, Todd

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
black wire is horn
brn hazzards
purple turn sig power
white brake
gray indicator light on column
lt blu left frt turn sig
blu rt frt t/s
yw lf rear t/s
grn r/r t/s

what's your other questions. it's a pretty straight forward install. out with the old, in with the new and wire accordingly.

hth
nick

OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
You would think it would be that easy but Man, nothing seems to go that way for me. I was taking pictures of everthing before I removed stuff but this time I forgot. It is kinda different then what was in there and the parts they gave me are not the same design, Im a little confused.

Maybe I should sell my business and take that part time job you were talking about! Just Kidding, I wouldnt do that to you. Anyhow, thanks for the wire instructions, however those were the only istructions I did get. Like everthing else, I will just keep looking at it until I figure it out. Thanks Nick

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
call me this evening if you still can't figure out how to put it in.
did you get the pillow block with it to support it?

OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
I think I got it, but by the time I got to wrenching it was close to 2:00A.M. I will finnish it up tonight. It is about time I post some pictures so you should see some soon. If I get caught up tonight I will call you. Thanks again Nick.